Auburn Supply Co. Then (1947) and Now
About Us - History
Auburn Supply Company was founded shortly after World War II by the Purcell family and located in a small storefront in Chicago’s Auburn Park neighborhood. The business eventually grew out of its Auburn Park location and moved farther south in the city near 95th Street and Vincennes Avenue. In 1959, Jack Smith, the company’s only salesman was offered a minority stake in the business. He and his partner Bud Purcell continued growing the business, supplying plumbing materials to local plumbing contractors on Chicago’s south side. The Smith family bought the company in 1968, after Bud’s passing.
The company moved again in 1980 to its present distribution center in Markham, Illinois, about 25 miles south of Downtown Chicago. We have continued to expand over the years in order to meet our customer’s demands. After 3 remodels, our Markham location has a 60,000 square foot warehouse, a 2.5 acre pipe yard and houses our fleet of state of the art boom trucks.
Now, as a second generation, family owned company, Auburn Supply continues to grow and change in order to provide the best in service and value for our customers. Moving our Corporate Headquarters to Mokena, IL, has allowed us to expand our warehouse, increasing our ability to meet the needs of our customers. Auburn Supply Company serves Northern Illinois and Northwest Indiana.